[FB-Discuss] Problem with FB 0.8.6

Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB) mikael.petterson at ericsson.com
Thu Jan 27 03:19:45 EST 2005

Hi,

I installed FB 0.8.6 in Eclipse 3.0.1.
I get the meny when I select my java project and I can execute FindBugs ( since I get a pop-up with progress bar).
But the results is not presented in Problems view.

I have tried all metioned in troubleshooting without luck.
And there is no error in eclipse .log

Any ideas?

//Mikael

Troubleshooting
Q7: The Eclipse plugin loads, but doesn't work correctly

In versions 0.0.6 and 0.0.7 of the FindBugs Eclipse plugin, which correspond to the 0.7.4 and 0.8.0 releases, bugs in the experimental SwitchFallthrough detector can prevent FindBugs from running properly within Eclipse.

To work around the problem, make sure that SwitchFallthrough is disabled in the FindBugs Properties of your project.  Right click on your project, and choose "Properties".  In the Properties dialog, choose "FindBugs", and disable the checkbox next to SwitchFallthrough.

Another common problem with the Eclipse plugin is that the FindBugs warnings do not appear in the "Problems" view.  Make sure that FindBugs warnings are enabled in the filters for this view.  The Filters menu is accessible by clicking on the icon that looks like this:

Make sure the "FindBugs" checkbox is enabled.