[FB-Discuss] Project status

Andrey Loskutov loskutov at gmx.de
Sat Nov 5 11:15:42 EDT 2016

Just few clarifications, see below.

Am 02.11.2016 um 14:01 schrieb Nicolai Parlog:
> And even I got the impression that BCEL is a fickle dependency. I have
> to admit that I don't exactly know how it does its job but since it's
> pretty low level I would bet a decent amount of money that it doesn't
> even work on Java 9. (This should be checked, though!)

Sad you didn't bet, because it works on Java 9 beta releases, see
https://github.com/findbugsproject/findbugs/releases. However Java 9
scope is still not final (OMG), so there are still chances that neither
FB nor BCEL will work on the final Java 9 version.

> More questions
> ensue, which the maintainers can probably answer:
>
> * Wasn't FindBugs using a BCEL fork?

It was, but we forced BCEL to release 6.0 which we use right now.

--
Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

http://google.com/+AndreyLoskutov