[FB-Discuss] jsr305 annotations: javadoc updated

Tagir Valeev amaembo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 01:18:57 EDT 2017

Hello!

I realized that most of jsr-305 annotations lack any javadoc, including the
commonly used Nonnull, Nullable and CheckForNull. This causes
misunderstanding and confusion: some people use Nullable where CheckForNull
is appropriate and some tools also interpret Nullable as it were
CheckForNull. Despite the fact that support of jsr305 is abandoned, it's
still moreless widely used. So I took the liberty to create a documentation
update for jsr-305:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/findbugs/jsr305/3.0.2/

The documentation mostly copied from the corresponding FindBugs annotation
javadoc, taking into account old messages in Google groups like this:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jsr-305/mU-HqM4jwtk/Hoq1uPrykHMJ
I feel that the documentation reflects the original intent of jsr305
authors. However, if you disagree or have any additions, feel free to
comment or send PRs.

As code.google.com is dead and nobody cared to migrate the code officially,
the release was built using my copy of jsr-305 repository here:
https://github.com/amaembo/jsr-305

With best regards,
Tagir Valeev.